Friday 16 November 2012

Practicing with iWeb



Today I have experimented around with the service "iWeb". This is the service that i am going to be using to create the website for my band, so it was important to learn how to use the product.

I found using iWeb to be relatively easy and straight forward to navigate. The service allows you to move things freely and put them where ever you want, which is a good thing for positioning. However,  I found it irritating that i couldn't get the images to be the exact size I wanted them to be, which i feel will make it difficult to align pictures together for my website.

To add pictures to iWeb, you simply to have to drag an image from your documents and place it into the page, which is not complicated at all which makes inserting pictures into iWeb an easy task. This means it wont' take me long to put pictures into my website, and will save me time over all.

To add a youtube video to iWeb, you simply have to drag the youtube box over into the page, and then paste the link into the place where it asks for the "url" This was quick and easy, and a lot easier than importing the video into a service.

After practising around with Iweb, i decided to come up with a first draft layout for my bands website .

I decided to put the logo in the top left corner, because it is where most logos go at the top of a website which means people will know where to look to find the logo.

The links to other pages of the website will be found just to the right of the logo. This will help keep the page feel less clustered.


No comments:

Post a Comment